How does the EDP handle memory shortage in "more loops"?

Hi,

Does anyone know how the EDP handles memory shortage when used in "more
loops" mode? I'm especially interested in knowing about what happens
when all RAM is used up and LOOP4 starts to throw out the oldest
layers.

If I'm playing with the setting "more loops = 4", does the EDP divide
its RAM into four unique segments where each memory segment  thrown out
the oldest layers are to make place for more? Or is this functionality
global?

What I'm aiming at, is if loop windowing is cross-loop? So, if I'm in
loop 2 and trashing like crazy with loop windowing, can fragments
originally layered into loop 1 suddenly pop up there, in loop 2?

I guess I could find out by hands-on experimenting (and I probably will
do, since I'm working very much with the EDP at the moment) but it
would be cool to hear a more initiated explanation. I'm not
particularly experienced in DSP or software programming myself.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---
http://www.looproom.com (international)