Re: All-Laptop live??

>> Does this mean that having a company put together a system (in this
>case,
>> laptop) for your specific purpose and loading the software to make sure
>> that
>> everything works correctly is worth an added expense?
>> This might also be a rhetorical question.
>
> Maybe.  But the most important strategy to buy a good audio windows pc
>is
> to network with people that use the software you are planning to use.
>Find
> out what combination of audio hardware and computer model (sound card,
> cpu, drives) that is stable and buy a replica of that set-up.

I'd recommed the yahoo group PCDAW for anybody interested in building
their
own, or just in general DAW info.  The discussions are usually about using
PCs for recording, but a lot of the same issues (latency, compatibility,
stability, etc) pop up.  It's pretty much PC centric, but occasionally
there
are Mac questions.