Re: laptop latency

On Mar 16, 2005, at 4:38, Matthias Grob wrote:

> In ear monitoring seems to be the most acurate. I use ordinary big
> headphones on stage with Giba.

I guess a point in doing that is also to soften the loud acoustic,
on-stage, impact of Giba's percussion?

> And when we go off we take them off :-)

You mean you don't walk over to the bar with headphones still on?  ;-)

A funny note on "latency":
When talking to studio engineers I have heard that some bands with a
long experience of playing out live, can have problems with playing in
the studio with headphones monitoring. They have simply grown
comfortable with the natural latency in hearing each other's instrument
acoustically, and "getting it all into your head" gives a different
feel to how you play your own part against the other musicians parts.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---
http://www.looproom.com (international)