Re: surround looping

On May 17, 2005, at 4:34, Jeff Larson wrote:

> It is also possible (at least in software) to put surround panning
> BEFORE the looper to create multi channel surround loops.  The panning
> is essentially recorded into the loop and repeats as it was recorded.
>
> A simple application is to manipulate location using an X/Y touch
> panel as you record a loop.  Where it gets fun is that you can change
> the location on each overdub.  This would let you build loops
> containing layers that have different locations in space, and would be
> a lot easier to control than using several synchronized loopers.

Very interesting idea, Jeff!  I do imaging the ultimate controller
interface for this as a touch sensible X-Y carpet on the floor, on
which you can paint with your toes the surround filed positioning of
the loop while you are playing instruments by hand. The new AULooper
has four parts looping capacity. If you record into all four parts at
ounce it should be possible to cover the surround positioning.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---
www.looproom.com (international)