RE: Inexpensive/Easy Way to Stream Live Performances

Thanks, Mark. When you streamed your music, what did you use for a
server/IP address? The problem I am running into is that my Internet
Service Provider doesn't allow people to use their server like this, as is
the case for most popular ISPs like AOL, Earthlink, etc. Hence, I would
have to pay someone to use their server/ISP to stream or buy a package
like the Live365 service, which inclues the software, access to their
server, etc.  In the Winamp/Shoutcast server software, I have to type in
an IP address of a server that it will use to stream the live music. As
everyone saw, I mistakenly used my wireless router IP, which stream great
on any computer in my house, but wasn't accessable to anyone else outside
the local network.

After doing more web research, I am amazed at how much services are
charging for streaming bandwidth!  This space is like gold!   I heard that
you can turn your own computer into a server, but I don't have the time or
the funds to work on this.  I'm still shocked by how difficult it is to
pull this off, given all the other easy to use technology out there.

Oddcast...Shoutcast....I don't see them being used interchangeably on the
Shoutcast website.  I did find the Oddcast.org website though.  I can't
tell at first glance wheather you need your own server to use the service
or not.

Kris