From: Krispen Hartung [mailto:info@krispenhartung.com]
Sent: mercoledì 3 agosto 2005 7.12
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: Simulate a sitar with guitar effects?

Yeah, I heard about this unit, but that it wasn't that great at emulating the instrument.  In any event, I just created a VF-1 patch that isn't too bad...I combined auto-wah (that is active in the high end range), EQ (notching all the low end and low mid range out), and flange (with the rate very low and depth high).  That is decent at mimicking the main playing string of the guitar, but getting the sympathetic strings is a different story. I might look for a VST effect where I can loop a drone in a particular key, and have it sound like the sympathetic strings...then I can play with my VF-1 patch over that.

Kris