Re: AW: Behringer FCB 1010 or Digital Music Ground Control?

Dean, Hal wrote:
>, and began to look at the Rocktron MIDIMate. This unit
> is well made and very easy to program, but appears to be less flexible
> than the FCB. I'd be curious if anyone can share any experience with
> both FCB and MIDIMate.

I haven't owned a Rocktron MidiMate, but I took some notes
when I did my footpedal research awhile ago.  Compared
to the Ground Control Pro:

   GCP has 8 instant access buttons, with 4 preset buttons.
   MM has 5 instant access buttons, with 5 preset buttons.

   GCP 8 programs per preset, MM has 5.

   GCP limited to 8 channels, MM supports all.

   Both may include instant access state with the preset.
   Both may define pedal number/channel with preset.

   GCP instant access channels are global, MM channels may
   be specified in the preset.

   GCP has two pedals jacks, MM 1.

   MM has no sysex, neither do bank select.
   MM has no momentary buttons.
   MM does not receive program changes.

Here "preset button" means it can only send program changes
and "instant access" means it can send notes or continuous
controllers.

I would agree that overall the MidiMate is less flexible than the Behringer
(though it has better channel support).  But the real deal breaker for
me is that the MidiMate does not support momentary switches.

Jeff