VIRTUAL GIG SPAM: kinda live in the Bronx!

Hey all,

I will be er.. playing.. live over the internet this coming Sunday, I will be at home in Oslo, and the performance will be shown live at

The Point Community Development Corporation
Aunts
Point, The Bronx, New York from 11 am to 1pm.

Anyone in the area, please stop by (and take some pics for me??)

I will be using a simple flash! program called VStudio that lets me loop audio and/or visuals. Anyone can use this as it resides at www.furthernoise.org.

People NOT in the area can therefore join me online. Participation will be blocked during the performance, but everyone will be encouraged to muck about together afterwards. It is the community aspect of the software that is interesting, indeed I performed for 30 minutes live on Resonance Radio in the UK earlier in the year, together with an American and a Japanese musician.

It is a buggy system at the moment (we are currently redesigning from scratch 2 new versions, one solely for audio collaborations and one for visual collaborations, on Sunday I will be attempting both) Be warned, I will be using multiple videos all looping and combined, this can be very CPU hungry so if I crash your system.. Im sorry! I myself will be running 2 laptops so that I can always be logged in, if one goes down!!!

Event Spam follows:

Furthernoise.org - Visitors Studio A/V Performances by Chris Vine and Mark Francombe.

Chris Vine

Associated with the 'Downtempo' jazz scenes in New York and Washington

DC during the 1980's working with composers such as

multi-instrumentalist Elliott Sharp & drummer Bobby Previte and then

guitarist with Ted Miltons UK cult punk jazz group Blurt during the

90's, Chris Vine is an innovative musician, composer and artist. He is

also a founding member of the Canton Opera Company which collages

baroque arias with abstract soundscapes and is currently touring Brazil

performing a live score with dance theatre company Verve Companhia de

Dança. He will be mixing live from his home in Londrina, Paraná,

Brazil.

Mark Francombe

Mark Francombe is a composer, performer and artist with a well heeled

reputation for experimental electronic and improvised music. A founding

member and guitarist of the 1980's UK indie band Cranes he recorded and

toured extensively throughout Europe before moving to Norway in 1997.

He composes & performs with modified, heavily treated,  baritone guitar

and releases his music through small independent CDR labels including

his own Synch Non Synch label. His recent album Ear, Nose & Throat is

released through Oslo based Synesthetic Recordings and is featured in

the current edition of Furthernoise where he also contributes as a

reviewer. He will be mixing live from his home in Oslo.

Chris Vine 4 - 4.45 pm

Mark Francombe 4.45 - 5.30 pm

Open mixing to close

The event will last for 2 hours and Chris and Mark will be online

afterwards to chat about their work as the studio is open again for

general mixing.

Log on to http://www.furtherstudio.org/live from 4pm BST.

Residents of New York can watch the event broadcast live in Theatre of

The Point Community Development Corporation Aunts Point, The Bronx, New

York from 11 am to 1pm.

Warning the event may contain strobe lighting effects.

enquiries: roger[at]furthernoise.org

http://www.furthernoise.org