EDP Footpedal vs. FCB1010 ? ?

I am having problems with my original Echoplex foot
pedal, and I am considering getting the FCB1010. My
only concern is reliabity and response in trigger
time. Since the FCB footswitch is triggering via midi,
I would assume it is slower than the original EDP
voltage controlled foot controller. Has anyone
compared the 2?

And- how is the feel, and reliability of the FCB1010?
Is it a good replacement for what I currently have?

Thanks for all of your input,
Josh