Re: AW: sound mangling devices?

On 15 Oct 2005 at 19:17, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill wrote:

> "at a reasonable price" is rather vague a specification. So is
> "maximum amount of sound mangling power". Could you be more specific?

Sorry, it *was* rather general. Basically, I want to process the
loops as they errr loop, to give them more staying power and
perceived movement.  For example, the airFX can warp a sound way from
it's origins, then slowly return back. To get a better idea, check
out sample 6 at

http://www.nickrobinson.info/music/audio.htm

A low-fi real audio excerpt from a recent gig at the Cambrdige
looping festival. The loop that "moves" is an old powertran echo (see
tech page) which I can pitch bend with the delay knob, going through
various airfx patches. My poor old jamman has nothing but a zoom
reverb to treat it.

> Bitrman

I've never seen this series in a shop, but reviews have been
uncomplimentary about the sound levels. Anyone use devices from this
series?

>Zoom 1201, Lexicon Vortex...

Too much LCD reading required - I'm looking for plenty of real tme
control

>Nord Modular G2 engine with a Behringer BCR2000,

Possibly a bit OTT for the purpose?

Aber danke sehr....

All the best,

Nick Robinson