Re: Looping back to Krispen's old critics thread (was sorta: using laptops for music"

I'm not saying how a review should be, I'm only concerned with a
review serving my needs and whims.  A lot of reviewers think they're
stating facts, or that the facts they choose to state provide an
accurate picture of what they're discussing, but I don't take that as
a given.

I mean, recently I read a dozen reviews of the new Richard Thompson
album which described it as his first solo acoustic record since an
album he released in the early 80's.  However, just reading the album
credits showed that it was neither solo nor acoustic, and neither was
the previous album being referred to.  Actually, the first track of
both albums featured both drums played by a non-Richard Thompson and
electric guitar.  So much for the fact-based statements of those
reviews.

TravisH