From: "Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill" <rs@moinlabs.de>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com >
Subject: AW: Introducing...
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:13:53 +0200

PA,

what do you mean by "removing selected loops after adding them"? Do you think about something like this:

Step 1: record loop1 - loop1 playing
Step 2: record loop2 - loop1+2 playing
Step 3: record loop 3 - loop1+2+3 playing
Step 4: remove loop 2 - loop1+3 playing

If that is what you want to do, the only hardware solution that comes to my mind would be a multi-track looper -> the Repeater. However, you'd be limited to four loops you could bring in and out at will.

Judging from the few song of you I listened to, the Repeater seems a very interesting choice for you, because it also offers independent pitch-shifting on all four tracks (and this in surprising quality).

On the downside, the Repeater is rather pricey, and we're still waiting for the Repeater V2. And from what I read about it, I wouldn't second the "the Repeater does everything you need" statement, as with the V2 you still seem to have the problem that you can't go into overdub right away.

(Meaning: starting a loop and recording, closing the loop and immediately start overdubbing from the beginning is not possible. Workaround: you have to either record an empty loop and then overdub into it. This is acceptable for some people (e.g. people who know in advance how long their loops is gonna be.)

Perhaps you should give the laptop idea a second thought...

            Rainer