Re: Reaktor

> mwsmart@insightbb.com wrote:
> No not really.  The Echoplex is more like one "deck" with a really long
> piece of tape and a feedback loop that allows you to copy things that
> have already been played and merge them with what is being recorded.
> Undo is just "rewinding" the tape.

Hmm. Okay, I never know it worked like that but I see what you mean. I'm
pretty sure that could be done in Reaktor with the Audio Table module
if you store the memory locations somehow and then use them to re-locate
the playback pointer.

> That's closer but you don't get "undo to zero".  You could only undo
> back one loop if you were ping-ponging between two decks.  With the
>Echoplex
> (subject to memory restrictions and certain functions) you can create
>any number
> of overdubs, then stop and use Long Undo or Loop Windowing to seamlessly
>step
> back in time until you've returned to the very first loop you recorded.
>
> Jeff

Ok, I should try this out with the Audio Table.

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net