Re: VF-1 controller question

Hi Tim,

Without answering actually answering your question, I find the use of an
expression pedal adds considerably to the VF-1's functionality, not least
because you can control up to four parameters with the one pedal. (You can
do the same over MIDI of course).

Because there are 200 user memory locations I find it more practical to
select patches by MIDI program changes.

If you'd find it useful, here's a schematic for an expression pedal:

              50k ohm linear
_______/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\______
|               |            |
|               |            |
|               |            |
*               *            *
track           wiper        earth/ground

ring            tip          sleeve    (to VF-1)

If you have a footpedal with different connections (like the Yamaha ones)
you can make a little adaptor with an in-line TRS socket and plug.

>From you email it looks like you don't have a MIDI foot controller in
>which
case it's worth looking into the categories you can use in the VF-1 so you
can have a reduced set to scroll through.

You can turn the VF-1 effects on and off from the front panel with one
button press if that helps.