From: Timothy Mungenast [mailto:mungenast@earthlink.net]
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 6:34 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: VF-1 controller question

Thanks muchly for the good info. I do have a MIDI controller, a Rolls MIDI
Buddy. I was just looking to explore my options and save a few pounds in a
rack that's starting to get porky before I've even gotten it all working
;-)
Same reason I'm hesitant to use my great big EV-10.
BTW, can you sweep delay time a la Adrian Belew?
~Tim

Man
> > after 25 years of stompboxes.... the rack itself, all the TRS cables,
SPDIF
> > cable, MIDI controller, MIDI cable, yada yada yada, and finally getting
the
> > feel for the owner's manuals. One thing confuses me, though:
> > On page 13, under item 12 (EXP PEDAL/CTL 1,2), it sez "either an
expression
> > pedal or a foot switch can be connected here, and used to step
up/downthrough
> > patch numbers." I am guessing that my Peavey 2-button TRS footswitch
should
> > work fine if I configure the box to accept latching versus momentary.
> >
> > I want to be able to switch the unit on and off without using my MIDI
Buddy,
> > and the manual shows me how (I think), but as far as scrolling through
the
> > presets a la Vortex, well, pg 13 is the only place that makes any
mention of
> > that.
> >
> > (Yes, I know changing the patches is what the MIDI Buddy is for, and I
> > shouldn't be such a MIDIOT, but I want the option to leave the MIDI
controller
> > home in the interest of saving space and weight.)
> >
> > Ideally, I'd control the Vortex and MPX-500 with my gen-yoo-wine
Lexicon TRS