Re: EDP Insert: Overdub, too?

> Per Boysen wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 15, 2005, at 18:45, .David.Auker. wrote:
>>
>>> On Loop IV, I've been digging Insert with Quantize: 8th,
>>> 8thBeat:  16, InsertMode: rPL.  Wow.  Question: instead of
>>> replacing those  precise little chunks of sound, can I overdub them?
>>

>> That's my latest EDP Love! Running it "rPL." mode. That's only
>> possible if you stick a plug into the feedback jack at the rear.
>> The  front panel then becomes the relative volume balancer
>> between  background and new inserted slices. You use "insert" with
>> the insert  button function set to SUB as usual for this. With the
>> knob all left  it is just the good ole SUB but the more you turn
>> it right the more  the punch-ins tend to be like traditional
>> overdub. I just wish that  balancing functionality would have been
>> implemented as a MIDI  parameter. It's very cool IMO ;-)
>>
>> On Nov 16, 2005, at 0:24, .David.Auker. wrote:
> Per, I tried this, but to no avail.  When you say "plug into the
> feedback jack," do you mean expression pedal?

Hi David,

No, I mean that I insert a dummy plug into that rear jack. For
playing the EDP I use a midi pedal only (the Behringer FCB1010).
Sorry about forgetting to add that part ;-)

>   I've got one in there, and my feedback is indicated on the
> display window when I use it.  But when I turn the actual feedback
> knob on the front panel, I get no change in amount of Insert's
> effect (it's 100% replace).

INteresting! So then the functionality I'm using is only happening
when controlling the EDP with MIDI while using a dummy plug in the
feedback input jack, thus fooling Loop4 into thinking it is getting
analog feedback pedal input. This seems to be another "happy
accident" in the Loop4 architecture ;-)    (any comments from the
Aursiris people?)

> Very foxy, but not the overdubbing I think we're talking about.
> Additional question: when this works for you, are you getting any
> "relative volume balancer" amount in the display window?

No indication in the front window. Only the position of the knob to
indicate the level of the old audio to be left under the new audio
I'm substituting. And, as I said, with the button fully right there
is 100 percent old audio left, which makes it work just as "quantized
overdub".

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)