RE: New loop tool, sort of..

Hey Steve, one suggestion Rick Turner had was to use another type of
monitor
in addition to the Bose line array (keyboard amp, mackie powered monitor
etc..)for folks who absolutely need stereo.  I'm not sure if what you are
suggesting would really work, and although I'm not exactly a guy with clout
at this point LOL, I will inquire. Also, Mike at Leos Pro audio in Oakland
told  me that the line array speakers are already available for people who
already have power amps and mixers, i.e., you don't have to buy the powered
system to get at the speaker technology.
 The thing is, the nature of the line array (bose system) is that it is
much
less directional sounding, and more three dimensional than a standard
monaural source. Perhaps a really good mono piano sample through a system
like this will sound superior? I don't know. haven't tried. What I believe
is that when one sits down at a piano and plays, the sound is hitting ones
ears from many directions, at different times, and in essence, a tall
column
of multiple speakers (a line array) coupled with a subwoofer is achieving
somewhat the same thing. I mean a grand piano is not in and of its self
stereo, is it?  But its amazingly  full and enveloping. Ditto for the bose
system.
 Also perhaps the technology employed in the DTAR Mama Bear might find its
way in to the keyboard realm. In a nutshell the MB allows you to plug in a
piezo or magnetic acoustic pickup source, and add physically modeled eq
characteristics of 16 different acoustic guitars ranging from a parlor
guitar to a national tricone. The result being a sound with more body, air,
and acoustic quality, not to mention more versatility.  Perhaps someone
will
market a box that allows you to filter an average sounding piano sample
through a Bosendorfer or Steinway model.
 I'll pass on your suggestion.
Bill