Re: New loop tool, sort of..

     Bill,

     When you see this Bose guy again, perhaps you could put in a plea for
a "stereo PAS", that is
a single PAS with every other speaker putting out L or R signal.  All this
would take is an
additional amp inside the unit.

     Now I'm acutely aware of the fallacy of having a stereo field on the
soundstage of most
performance venues.  Even if it does work for the performers on stage, it
may not translate as
much of an improvement to the audience.

     However, most keyboardists suffer from the fact that stereo acoustic
piano samples sound
terrible in mono.  This is true with just about every piano sample out
there in all the big names
brands (Kurzweil, Korg, Yamaha, Roland, Alesis, etc.)  Even the so-called
"mono pianos" sound
terrible.  All it takes is separating the two channels in acoustic space
to get the piano samples
to sound halfway decent.  This can be done within a PAS I'm pretty sure.

     Then again, stereo chorus effects, as well as a host of other ambient
or panning effects will
come through stronger with a single source stereo PAS compared to a mono
one.

     Again, it's not about creating a stereo sound stage with separation
between the channels.
It's about giving the L and R channels their own physical space to emerge
from, regardless of how
close in proximity they are to each other.

     Anyone else have any thoughts or experience with this matter?

     Greetings from sunny Seattle,

         Stephen

     BillyBoyWalker wrote:
  Yo,
Two nights ago I played test pilot for Rick Turner and an engineer from
Bose labororatories.
<snip>

http://farechase.yahoo.com