Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V05 #746

     Warren,

     Naming can be a very powerful thing.  Especially if you are able to
describe within the name
what is unique about the object to be named.  Secondarily, the name can be
pleasant to the ear, or
at least memorable.  Associations with other products is usually not
desireable.

     When I hear the name AccuLoop, my mind immediately goes to all the
cheaply designed and built
woodworking tools from overseas.  "Accu" as a prefix, just doesn't instill
confidence in a
product, at least to this boy.

     Naming your looper has the potential to make it or break it.  A good
example is the software
called Chopitch.  Does it mean that your chops will start itching?

     Good luck finding an appropriate name for it.  Currently, AccuLoop
doesn't do much for me.

     Regards,

         Stephen

     Warren wrote:
It's a little hard for me to complete the docs, though, because I'm at sea
for a name. I'm
thinking maybe AccuLoop. Whaddya think? (that, totally without an
explanation of what makes it
special, is not exactly an easy question - but whether the name should be
related to the specific
features or not is also not an easy one).

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs