Naming a software looper

Thanks, Stephen. I agree with you that names are important. That's why I'm
struggling with it.

I had a dream right before I woke up this morning - I don't remember what
the dream was about, but one word was prominent in it: Helio. It doesn't
have anything to do with looping, but then neither does Ableton (many other
products are not named to reflect their capabilities). A dictionary search
reveals that "Helios" was the god of the sun or something like that.

So there's one name. Another that I thought of was MultiLoop, but I'm not
sure how well that really reflects anything. I also thought of "FNEZ
Looper"
(read it out loud), but that's a bit on the crude side, I guess. One person
I talked to liked it, someone else cringed. Cringing is not good.

The things that are most unique about this looper (I think, I hope) are:

- instant gratification, easy learning curve
- Can be operated in hands-free mode; works with most footcontrollers (but
multi-bank footcontroller is best; basic functions can be in the first
bank,
advanced functions in others)
- CD-quality, stereo looping
- loop layers are independently mutable and re-mixable
- built in digital multitrack recorder makes pristine recordings of your
live playing, your loops and aux inputs (like the people you're playing
with)
- peak limiting on the output. In later versions, different forms of
multiband compression will be supported
- with a touch of your toe (here I go into marketing-speak), you can save
all the loops into individual files for later processing with Acid or the
DAW of your choice.
- PC (XP) and MAC (OS/X)
- affordability - I anticipate 3 versions, one at $89 or so, one at $199
and
one at $299.
- support for VST plugins to modify the input to the looper and the total
mix output

At present, it's a fairly basic looper/recorder. In addition to the basic
looper, reverse is there, as well as continuously-varying playback speed,
controlled by footpedal or mouse (the pitch changes, but it's a pretty good
effect). But the architecture is very solid, and I expect to be adding
fancy
effects rapidly once I get past the initial hurdles of documentation,
installers, security (I hate dealing with sw security, but you gotta do
it),
press releases and all that stuff.

I put a couple of screenshots up at www.warrensirota.com/looper so you can
get a better idea.

I'd love naming suggestions suggestions and votes on the ones I've got:
Helio (or Helios) and MultiLoop.

Thanks,
Warren Sirota
www.warrensirota.com