New here and looking for a looping device

I settled on a Boss dd-20xl mostly due to finances.
It's got a lot of usable features and gets my creative
stuff working. The 2 drawbacks which jump out to me
are that, for one, the loops don't degenerate over
time. It's pretty easy to get too much going and be
stuck with it. Less is more. You can eliminate and
redo the last track recorded which is helpful.
     The other problem I've noticed is, although it
doesn't seem an issue when I'm actually playing
realtime, when I record the loops they sound painfully
mono. You can dress them up with "soundstage" or other
software but then I find I get into tweaking too much
and less playing. This is fine for now but I can see
upgrading in the future.
                                           Lee

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/