Re: Intel's New Dual Core Mobile Processor Announced

Actually, not so. Not only does the processor have two indepedent cache
systems that can combine or act independently, but the main benefit of the
process is it's ability to allocate tasks dynamically to one core or
another, or between the two cache, individually or shared. It's not like 64
bit processors, where you have to write apps for them. Consumers and
enterprises will obtain immediate benefits from this processor.

This is my wife's product at Intel. She explains it better than me, but she
showed me all sorts of uses cases using current applications, games, music
applications, etc., where the dual core or "duo" processor improved
performance dramantically.  As a simple example, if you are burning a CD
and
playing music at the same time, this typically puts more of a strain on the
standard M processor. The dual core will perform much better.  I really
look
forward to getting one. Also, and get this, the chipset apparently has
built
it it the ability to run two separate audio outputs at the same time, so
that you could be playing music on your PC speakers, and also running a
separate output to another application...I'm not sure how this will work
yet, or how it translates into the output of the soundcare, whether it is
split, etc.

Kris