Re: WAYS TO SELL OUR SELVES: ONLINE

At 06:00 PM 1/9/2006, Kris Hartung wrote:
>From: "loop.pool" <looppool@cruzio.com>
>>How does one determine how one's GOOGLE traffic has increase, Kris?

>KEEPING TABS ON YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET
>
>I type my complete performance name in quotes in the Google search engine:

that's certainly an interesting way to learn how widely spread your name
is
on the internet, but actually doesn't answer Rick's question about
measuring the traffic.

Any decent web host should provide you with web site statistics, and
probably some application for analyzing the data. With that it is easy to
see how many page views you get, how many unique users, what pages people
go to, etc. It is also easy to see where a person came from when they
clicked a link, since referrer data is logged by the web server. So you
can
see how many people come from a given site or a given page on another site.

In this way, you can easily see how many came from Google or Yahoo or
wherever. You can see how much the traffic from that site has changed in
the last week or month or whatever. You can also see the specific search
strings they used to find you, since that is part of the referring URL at
google. It can be pretty interesting, and really helpful for helping you
maximize the usefulness of your website.

(and sometimes weird, I noticed in the LD stats the other day that a small
number of people were referred to LD from a site called
extremeblowjobs.com. I can only guess why there would be a link to LD
there.)

kim