Re: Looperlative - Max Time?

At 06:54 PM 1/28/2006, stanitarium wrote:
>however my goto looper these days (in trying to stay in the analogue
>world)
>is the Z-Vex loop junky which i love and have found how to JUST do a loop
>w/
>the essence of what it is. this unit saves the last loop even after being
>disconnected...dont know why Mr. Z included this-but i consider it a REAL
>LOOPER...or did i as usual misunderstand kim and you were talking about
>people loopers?

I was talking about people, sorry if misunderstood.

in any case, I consider the z.vex loop junky to be a phrase sampler rather
than a looper, because it doesn't allow you to overdub...

>on 1/28/06 3:40 PM, Kim Flint at kflint@loopers-delight.com wrote:
> > Which is ok with me, Real Loopers don't save their loops. :-)

i.e., with people who are serious about looping and have been doing it for
some time, they usually are performing a whole process with loops.
Building
it up, taking stuff out, manipulating the loops, changing the loops,
evolving it from one thing to another. There is not some static point
where
you would save something. There is a whole process from point a to point b
that you might save, but that can be done with any recording device.

It's movies rather than photos.

A lot of people turn up asking questions about saving/recalling loops, and
often it seems to me they are really looking for a sampler rather than a
looper.

kim