Re: Maybe why Avante-garde looping in US...

Hip-hop got more boring more quickly than any genre ever.

The fact that the mainstream seems entirely concerned with crassness,
greed and violence doesn't help.

Do send us your list of interesting hip-hop.  I am still open to hearing
it.

Unfortunately, every time people do this for me, I end up with all
this "turn on the drum machine and recite 6th grade poetry with
cursewords in a boring voice" stuff.

The worst is that I often find material that I think is hip-hop and
that I like!  and when I play it to people, I'm informed, "that's not
hip-hop"....

--
     /t

http://ax.to ... extreme NY arts and music calendar