Re: Maybe why Avante-garde looping in US...

From: "loop.pool" <looppool@cruzio.com>
 > fascinating concept.   can you elaborate on that?
 > is it a personal theory or have you read anything specifically about that
 > subject?

Singing the lines you play when you solo is common practice among jazz
musicians and has been for a long time.  Zappa's "little Italian virtuoso"
Steve Vai uses the technique to construct his solos.  The scientific
research
is catching up with this now.  I've read a bunch of articles on the
subject.
One person who's been doing research on the neurological relationship
between
music and speech is Dr. Ingrid Johnsrude over at McGill University.

Cheers,
Kevin
Progressive and Exciting Celtic Music
www.TheNettles.com