RE: Maybe why Avante-garde looping in US...

I always sing what I play (or, more accurately, play what I sing) when I
notice that my improvising is in danger of either becoming too technical or
directionless. It always grounds me instantly. It's a great technique for
any style of playing - or at least, any style of single-line playing (it's
little hard to hum chord changes, though I could see using vocalizations to
help articulate the rhythms of chord hits)...

Warren Sirota