From: stanitarium [mailto:stanitarium@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:48 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Maybe why Avante-garde looping in US...

good example fer me is that 'concert for george' dvd that is out-
bunch o' great old geezers from the 60s playin harrison music real good-the
middle section is dedicated to george's love of Ravi Shankar' stuff-i dont
think he plays on this but his Beautacious daughter-Anoushka-nora jones'
sister plays her butt off. plus they do a classical indian piece  called
ARPAN and she leads this big indian band and is conducting this rhythm and
it sure aint no 4/4. Eric clapton sits in and attempts to play w/in the
beats of the song-and i guess its admirable-but that song is really
beautiful...