Re: now is it WRONG to have AAAA... songs? (Was: Looping AABA tunes (Was: How do YOU loop?))

> - is it somehow WRONG to have AAAA...
> structured songs?

Not at all - as long as there is sufficient musical content to keep the
listeners' interest. I suppose that I am very much an AAAAAAAAA type of
performer (most of my performances utilised a single DL4)...

My tricks are to keep the backing very modal or monotonic, and simple -
thus allowing for a multitude of chord structures to be played over the
top - you can then switch between majors/minors/diminished/5/7/9/11/13s
etc at ease... As soon as there are 3 or more notes in the backing, it
limits the music freedom of the impro. The most freedom can be had using
just one note in the backing - playing maybe on the octaves...

I also play around alot with the synchopation and timing of the beat with
random overdubs and improvisational soloing... but nearly 100% of the
time, the same A part keeps chugging along in the background.

The end result can sound like a ABFOEINFKVQWKROMXZ piece, but in practice
is merely a simple prgressive AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA overdub.

- Stu
http://swyatt.com