Faux Stereo Looping

Working with filters to split the signal and then applying different
effects
to each band is great fun! I did this one patch (on an Eclipse) with a 48dB
Crossover, followed by a pitch shifter which would shift both bands
differently.

Other devices to work such strange things which I used are the Nord Modular
and the FireworX.

Coming back to your original idea. The Red Sound Federation does just this
(among other things).

        Rainer