Gig Spam: Berkeley: Joe Rut, Goh Nakamura, Greta Auk

Hey Loopers-

Here's a loop-related show this Friday in Berkeley

Joe Rut, Goh Nakamura, The Great Auk
Epic Arts Teahouse
1923 Ashby @ MLK, Berkeley (Across street from BART station)
Doors at 8:00, Show at 8:30
Fri Feb 24th
$5-10 donation &  no one turned away for lack of funds
All ages

I met Goh Nakamura last year while sharing a bill at he Y2K5 Looping
Festival in Santa
Cruz, where he blew my mind.  Goh is an amazing singer/songwriter who
utilizes looping technology in incredibly subtle and musical ways to shade
his songs.  Not
to be missed.  He is a member of the band, The Invisible Cities (who were
voted best Indie
Pop Band in the Bay Guardian's  2005 "best of" poll), and has been a
"stunt guitarist" on
many recordings both here and in the Boston music scene. His new solo CD
is garnering
rave reviews.  He doesn't often play on this side of the bay, so come
check it out

The Great Auk are the charming duo of two of my favorite people: Carrie
Bradley (Ed's
Redeeming Qualities, 100 Watt Smile) and Bernie Jungle (Warm Wires, Lipsey
Mountain
Spring Band...and he's the guy playing that kooky home-made drum kit at my
last couple
of shows!). With guitar and fiddle accompaniment, they sing beautifully
idiosyncratic songs
that make you glad to be alive, assuming you are.

I'll be doing a song-based set utilizing some looping and some non-looping
stuff.

Should be fun.  The Epic Arts Teahouse is a living room-style, very
intimate setting.  It's basically a converted flat.

Joe

Search for businesses by name, location, or phone number.  -Lycos Yellow
Pages