Do I need that EDP?

My apologies for sending this before with no subject!  New to the list, as
I say.  I'm posting again in case you might have summarily deleted the
last one:

Hi!

I’m  new to Looper’s Delight, which I discovered only days ago, and though
little more than a novice in the craft (though a fan since Music For
Airports,
which should give you some idea how long I’ve been about) I’m looking to
upgrade.

I’ve been playing in the attic for quite a while with an RC-20 (A very
early
adopter! the original, no undo) and a DD-20 as the looping part of my
setup.
Tons of free form fun, some good ideas, but ultimately I feel hamstrung by
the
lack of ability to synch the RC-20 to anything.  And since I started to
read the
threads here over the last days I’ve really benefited a lot from the
discussion
of feedback capability (which I’ve been using the DD-20 to cope with) as
well,
especially on the RC-50, for which I thought I was waiting.  The
Boomerandg
looked cute but didn’t really seem to have enough differential capability

>From all I’ve read and heard you all say, the EDP with the pedal sounds
>like the
gold standard (apart from the Eventides and such) and the only real
complaint I
think I’ve seen is that it’s not stereo.

I’m ready to bite the bullet, but it’s still going to sting,.
Unfortunately,
you can’t generally walk into the local Guitar Pit and try a lot of this
stuff
out, so I’m asking you guys and gals your advice.  The 198 seconds seems
short
these days, but none of you seems to have issues with it.  BTW, when you
switch
loops, will the 1st loop fade 0r does it just stop?  I’ve been reading the
on
line manual but seem to have missed that.

So, someone talk me out of it.  Or into it.  If you the bucks and had it
all to
do right now, would you buy the EDP or something else?  Or wait for the
EDP Plus
Ultra?  :-)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Christophe