Re: what a loop has to say

To add to the current debate, I would say there are varying levels of
hiding behind technology and to see what the true motivation is. That gets
you on a slippery slope one you start the debate. Personally, I realize my
own set of limitations when I play. I am not particularly fast, but can be
fluent when I take my time with things. I guess that looping allows me to
build in small micro-steps sometimes, avoiding the need to make "the big
statement now" kind of thing. I also realize that when I've tried to be
some manner of shredder (trust that I was unimpressive) that I've done
things that sounded completely unreal for me. I am not a blues, straight
into the amp kind of cat and I realize that when I've tried to play like
that, it is just not that interesting. So hence, I have a big board on the
floor with all manner of processing goodies. Whatever gives you your true
voice is what I would say. Whatever, that is go with that and celebrate
it. It is a big world and someone will appreciate your uniqueness be you
Fripp, Frissell or just plain me doodling to my border collie and cats.

That is how I see it. I of course could very well be wrong.

Todd