Re: GT-5 vs VF-1

I've had 'em both, but unfortunately it's been quite a while since I
was up on all their specs. As I remember, tho, the VF came out a good
bit later than the GT, so it has a few newer (mostly pretty odd-ball,
not to say lame-ass, tho that's what I thought) effects on it; it's
more of the GT-6 vintage that way, and it definitely can load more
simultaneous fx slots; in general, it has more bells and whistles,
besides being conceived more as a general-purpose effector that a
guitar-oriented one. But I never found anything it could do that
would make it more interesting to me than the GT-5, which has
remained my favorite Roland/Boss all-in-one effect...not counting, of
course, the mighty VG-8/88s. I never warmed up to the VF, for some
reason. Best bet is to download the manuals to them both, and start
reading. Only you will know what you'd find essential.
Best,
dc