Re: Cheap FX for Teaching

On Mar 31, 2006, at 11:26 AM, Nick Schillace wrote:

> HI-
>
> i was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest a nice multi FX to
> use when teaching guitar/bass. i run an instruction studio here in
> detroit that does about 200 lessons per week (mostly guitar).

I've been teaching guitar for years and I don't use anything fancy
myself, just plug into an amp, but one of the guys that I teach with
has one of the new Zoom G2 units which has a bunch of different
effects/drum machine/amp models but I don't think it has much of a
looper if any. I hear some really good sounds coming out of his
room.  As usual you have to tweak a bit to tone down the over-the-top
presets.  He's got the cheaper model without the foot pedal attached
which I think sells for around $100 US and I have thought about
picking up one to teach with myself.

There was a positive (Editor's pick) review of the G2.1u (the slight
more expensive version that includes the foot pedal) in the same
recent Guitar Player issue (April 2006) which included the article
about looping.

Hope this is helpful!

Ed