Re: MaxMSP looping -

Bill Edmondson wrote:

> I have a question. Is max practical for developing a looper app that has
> midi sync capability? That is, locking or generating to midi clock and
> establishing loop times that stay in sync with external percussion
>devices.

Very much so. In fact, I would stipulate that getting sync up and
running between a host and, say, an audio buffer in maxMSP is easier
than in Reaktor - which is relatively easy.

I am in this for synced looping. Only (and this is a given!) I want to
be able to mess with the clock... this gives you access to rev. but also
to breaking effects and stutters. And retriggering.. And resequencing.
and this leads to being able to sequence a looping buffer with another
inputs transients, and such.

> On a similar note, what do you see for performance and latency of the
>apps
> you write. Any success with low latency and performance when using the
>max
> vst wrappers?
Which do you mean - the Pluggo system or the "load a vst in MaxMSP"system?

The system appears extremely lean to me. That's really appealing, imo.

andreas