Re: MaxMSP looping -

> I am in this for synced looping. Only (and this is a given!) I want to
> be able to mess with the clock... this gives you access to rev. but
> also to breaking effects and stutters. And retriggering.. And
> resequencing. and this leads to being able to sequence a looping
> buffer with another inputs transients, and such.

One of the many cool things about max: being able to control things in
many different ways...I use random (the drunk object) to modulate
everything from pitch to speed, and then I control the speed and the
amount of the randomness with two ev-5 pedals...then you can use all
these things on loops, effects...anything....just by dragging
cables....

> The system appears extremely lean to me. That's really appealing, imo.

my experience as well.

Also: regarding midi. I'm no fan of it for my uses. so I choose not to
use it with max,(except for an oxy8 that I use as a big on/off switch).
check this out: this is so easy in max....for my pedals I run a sine
wave out to an ev-5 pedal, run it back in, then have a simple object
measure the peak amplitude changes that any pedal motion brings. [sine
wave]-->[pedal]-->[peakamp]...that is it, done by dragging a few cables
and three boxes. The output of peakamp becomes my controller data.
Really easy....and now my resolution is in the many thousands of steps
for the controller.....setting this up was easier than setting up midi
functions from those little screens on little black boxes.....

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com
pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com