Re: BOSS RC-50 impressions

Nathan,

Tone is something that doesn't translate over email.
I was just making a little joke, not meant to be
condesending at all.  I'm sorry if it came off that
way.  I was more poking fun at how we all use the term
"real time" as if there's anything else.  I totally
know what you were really talking about and if you'd
read some of my other emails you'd see that I too am
eager to find that "zen" state where interface fades
to zero and it's just you in the moment making music.
I actually really liked the prose like nature of that
comment!

If it means anything, you've made me interested in the
RC-50 enough to look into it and see what it does.  My
comment also caused a comment about it's "fade"
function which when used with a phrase may be able to
give me the ability to fake a feedback "morph."  I
guess this remains to be seen, but I'm interested to
hear reports from the early adopters.  I have friends
who love their RC-20s and I've seen performances where
it's used to great effect.

If there was any negitivity implied in my email, it
was toward Roland who seems to be developing some
pretty cool little loopers, yet seem to be ignoring
what a lot of us consider a very important "deal
breaker" feature: the feedback control.  I don't know
if you actually care, but yes, I am into doing things
that are evolving and ambient, but I also love the
traditional verse/chorus style of pop music that can
be done with loopers.  My hope is to find a single
device that allows the combination of these two styles
of looping.

Speaking of condecending, I've also seen amazing shows
that have envolved the manipulation of prerecorded
loops and the use of laptops for audio (I use neither)
so perhaps you may look to yourself when you make what
could possibily be considered condesending remarks
about how people make music.

Mark