Re: Snap, Crackle, Pop - VST Effect & Sound Card Problems

Well, I couldn't resist, and I continued to troubleshoot. I think I
discovered the source of the issue, now I need some advice....good luck.

First, on my new notebook, I completely reformatted the drive and
reinstalled the OS.  You know what? Yes, the crackling and popping came
back!  Unbelievable. So, one might conclude that by process of elimination
that the problem is either with the IO sound card or the notebook
hardware.
Right? I mean, it's a brand new OS with a brand new registry, etc, and I
completely reinstalled everything.

It gets better....or worse, depending on how you view it.

As a test, I copied the VST effects from my new computer to my old
computer,
which also works perfectly....and I saw the same message that I got when I
was setting up my new computer while Chainer scanned through my VST
effects
foler. The message is from all of the Reaktor VST effects, like
Metaphysical
and Krypt....as they are loading up into the VST host, a window says
cannot
change samplerate to 44100 so it must change to 48000.  Once the VST
effects
loaded up in Chainer, I activated a few and the blasted snapping and
crackling started occuring on my old computer!!!!  I am blown away. Now I
have two computers that are useless for performing, and reinstalling the
OS
won't fix the problem, nor will uninstalling Reaktor and re-installing, or
any of my programs.

What the hell is going on here? What is Reaktor doing to my system? If
that
is the cause. After the windows pop up with the samplerate message, I
notice
that Chainer is set to 48000 and 44100 doesn't even appear as an option
any
more. Amazing...

Kris