Re: Snap, Crackle, Pop - VST Effect & Sound Card Problems

Here is my status quo on this issue:  To hell with using the computer for
looping and music performance. I'm so fed up with the troubleshooting,
installing, uninstalling, tweaking, loading, unloading, configuring,
re-configuring, testing, rebooting, modifying, etc, etc, ad nauseum that I
could projectile vomit from here to who knows where. I can tolerate only
so
much of this nonsense.

I just used system restore to restore my new ThinkPad to the way it was
when
I received it out of the box. Thank goodness I had system restore active
for
a while before I installed this blasted software and audio hardware.

I removed hundreds of dollars worth of all my audio programs, VST hosts,
VST
effects, Echo IO, etc. I'm going to take a break from this bullshit for a
while and get back to playing my instrument with my simple two space rack:
my Looperlative and two Boss VF1s. I'll just let all this software sit in
archive mode for a while, so I can prioritize and get my mind right for
another experimental festival I'm playing at in a few weeks.

....I should have spent my money on an evantide or Muse Receptor. I may
still get the Receptor so that I can take advantage of all my VSTs.

At least my ThinkPad is back to original condition so that I can use this
screamin $2800 machine to check email and surf the web at my local coffee
shops!   :)

Kris