OT: Tonelab JC-120 emulation

--- William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com> wrote:

> Well Mark I'd be curious as to how you did the JC120
> thingy on the tonelab

Here's my settings.  Of course with a different
guitar/pa setup your mileage will vary.

First I start with the Boutique Clean amp model
gain: 2.3
vr gain 7.8
treb 2.4
mid 7.2
bass 10
TURN OFF THE CAB models.  This is the key I think.

Wait, you're asking, where's the chorus?  Good
question.  While the Tonelab's effects are good, since
I'm always slaved to a MIDI clock I like my presets
set up to follow them too.  For that I love the VF-1.
So much so I bought two!

Here's how that's set up:
I started off with a patch called "3D CHORUS"  it's
basically a 4 band EQ that I turn off and roland's
nice stereo chours that I love so much.
Polarity: Invert
rate BPM/whole note
depth 80
predelay 10ms
low cut: flat
high cut: flat
effect level 100%

then I make sure the master bpm is set for MIDI and
viola, it syncs up all nice.  Would it stand up next
to the real thing?  I don't know but I love the sound
anyway and I haven't owned a JC-120 since the mid 80s.
 Basically I wish someone would make an amp modeler
that would have everything synced like I like it, but
it seems no one is/will.  The Vox was supposed to be a
way to loose the rack for small gigs, and I still keep
alt presets set up when I don't want to drag out the
FV-1... but I never use them.  I know, NI's guitar
rig.... Give me some time, I'm just now awaking to the
wonders of Laptop looping.  Man did I have an amazing
night with Mobius last night.

Mark