Re: PEDAL-MANIA!

Chris found:
>As I cellist I rely heavily on pedals to control my Echoplex. The
>EFC-7 however really wasn't well suited to my finicky needs. So I
>had someone gut out a Digitech Control 7 and set it up to work with
>a 1/4 inch jack. Now that pedal's on the fritz so I decided to take
>the leap to midi and bought a Prostage X07
>http://www.prostage.info/en/foot_controller.html which looks
>awesome, but unfortunately is not going to work with the echoplex
>despite what I was told by the company.

yes, I like their "Interconnecting System" with XLR cables
only one MIDI conversion box, not on the floor.

one of the boxes sais: "Sends Program Change 1-7 or 7 different
Control Change commands"
CC is enough to start functions on the EDP
but to really profit from the whole functionality, you need a pedal
that sends and off command when the button is released. They probably
dont do this.
but they could update the software maybe?
Insist!
:-)

Kris reacts:
>Too bad they don't make that pedel with a normal MIDI cable
>interface. I like the way this thing looks (the X10), but I'm not
>about ready to go off and by another unit (the XTM), just to connect
>the X10 to my laptop.  What a shame.

you are right, it should have a USB connector (which also feeds it)
--

          ---> http://www.matthiasgrob.com