Re: "Instrument" vs "Effect"

"Just linguistic gymnastics", says the triple-axle-reverse-tuck-double-flip-360-degree-twist record holder?

;-)

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
 We can define terms easy enough so that an effects unit is not an instrument...that's just linguistic gymnastics; but whether an effects box is an instrument in the same way as a guitar is a different matter. We are getting into categories of instrumnetation of varying degrees. Okay, it's half an instrument, and I'm half a musician by playing it. Heh heh....

Kris