Re: ? re: really "weird" solo loopers...

On Sep 17, 2006, at 3:22 PM, hazard factor wrote:

> For me too, it means 'avante-garde' or 'experimental', or 'difficult
> listening' if you had never been exposed to such a thing.

I prefer all those to "weird"....the word weird says more about the
listener than the performer....the word I prefer to all of them is
"creative music"....music that is creative in that it is charting or
navigating lesser known territories.

Not weird means mainstream to me.

And as George Carlin said, "The reason the mainstream is thought of as
a stream is because it’s so shallow."

> So, if one does
> this, where do you play, and how often?

I play all the time, all over....coffee houses, colleges, art
galleries, clubs....parking garages. :-)

> Do you have to 'tame' it down for
> some gigs?

No.

> And did any one ever get fired from a gig because it was too odd?

Yes. And one guy was fired for hiring me once......

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.JeffKaiser.com
pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com