RE: ? re: really "weird" solo loopers...

hey Dave,i had a familiar experience:
i played at an irish pub where i did a loop show. and
the result was odd; i saw a lot of men walking out and
after the show some older women came to me and told me
how they enjoyed the show.The bar owners wife after
this women gave me a compliment in front of her said
"nice i enjoyed it too,but i dont think this was the
right place for it"
A month later her husband the bar owner who had just
gotten back from vacation called me and ask me if i
could fill in for a band that didnt show up and said
"u can do whatever u want just dont do that weird
stuff u did last time;-)"
Another one was in Italy where i played in a huge
disco for a hand full of people.I could tell the owner
and the sound crew found it perhaps interesting but
were a bit puzzled because once again it wasnt the
place for it.Afterwards i thought, hey i could have
looped just as good but in a different way,thats the
beauty of improvising alone,perhaps integrating more
triphop or downbeat grooves which people are familiar
with and which i also love,but i was so into what i
personally wanted to show or do that night that i
didnt think of anything else...
One thing i do now days is to relax,take a deep
breath,observe the whole picture before the show and
try to get a feeling of the place,audience and
atmosphere,telling myself that even if it goes wrong
it will be another step to something.i dont plan a set
list either,just make notes of the endless looping
ideas to throw in.Somehow this has helped my
confidence not to get deteriorated by such experiences
many of us go through...
or ive matured;-)
Luis

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom