Belated Results: 2005 Looper Survey!

It's official.  I'm a slacker.

I had been planning on 2006 being the year that I got serious about
blogging and podcasting and live streaming and other cool music-related
technologies.  But, other priorities prevailed, and here I am now with a
neglected blog and website, a non-existant podcast, and no live
streaming performances under my belt. :(

But everyday is a chance to start over, right? :)

Here's a link to my blog post from this afternoon, summarizing some of
the basic results of the online 2005 Looping Survey conducted starting
in November 2005:

http://uncledig.com/wp/
(by the way, my "audio gallery" site is still alive, at
http://www.uncledig.com/ if you're interested in that sort of thing)

Many of you participated in the survey (110 of the 182 respondents were
LD members), and I want to thank you for taking the time to do it.  This
survey was completed just *before* things really started to heat up with
the Looperlative, so you won't even see it in the list of standard
answers.  It *was* listed by a couple of people in the "other" columns.
It'll be interesting to see what it looks like in another year!

As a quick comparison, the 2003 survey (taken in November 2003) showed
these results:

94 people responded
310 total devices were reported
(3.3 devices per person)

1) Echoplex Digital Pro = 68 devices
2) Electrix Repeater = 36 devices
3) Line6 DL-4 Delay Modeler = 33 devices
4) Lexicon Jamman = 19 devices
5) Kaoss Pad I or II = 11 devices
6) Ableton Live = 11 devices
7) Boomerang/Boomerang + = 10 devices
8) Akai Headrush - 6 devices
9) Boss RC-20 - 6 devices
10) Lexicon Vortex - 6 devices

In 2005's survey, these were the results:

182 people responded
922 total devices were reported
(5.1 devices per person)

1) Echoplex Digital Pro - 98 devices
2) Line 6 DL-4 - 56 devices
3) Digitech RDS 7.6 (or similar, incl PDS series) - 45 devices
4) Ableton Live (software) - 44 devices
5) Electrix Repeater - 43 devices
6) Boss RC-20 (or RC-20XL) - 41 devices
7) Lexicon Vortex - 37 devices
8) Boss DD-3, 5 or 6 - 36 devices
9) Boss DD-20 - 33 devices
10) Electro Harmonix 16 Second Delay (new or reissue) - 26 devices

Doug
http://www.uncledig.com