Re: AW: random effects

The Access Virus B (and indigo) has a random function with two
controls - amount & intensity.  'amount' adjusts how many parameters
will change, and 'intensity' affects how much.   you can start with
any program in the library with a relatively low setting and keep
hitting 'random' until you work yourself into the most alien thing
youve ever heard. your face being eaten by ants. jello being squeezed
into a thousand tiny holes around the room.  a very effective
technique, especially if you're lacking inspiration, or smoke pot.
this (of course) isn't an "effects unit" per say, its a virtual
analog synth.  it has basic onboard effects  that are sort of crummy,
and a pair of analog ins for filtering/effecting outside sources.

nobody responded last time i asked, so ill ask again.......is there a
consensus on the 'best' looper out there?  is it the echoplex?
please, answer me!   or, let me know if i am asking wrong - i am new
to the list. i know its kind of a nebulous question,
but i really want something to start with that i can synch via midi
and has multiple outs.

happy tuesday, everyone.
etienne de rithma
www.rithma.org