Re: EDP more loops/feedback issues

On 4 okt 2006, at 00.20, L.A. Angulo wrote:

> .I am using 3 banks with EDP functions
> and assigned one of the fcb1010 pedals to control
> feedback in all 3 banks.But as i was recording a loop
> after fading one out and reseting the feedback pedal
> to 100% the new loop kept fading out,having to turn
> the button manually so it would reset properly.
> So i am curious as to how fcb1010 users have their
> feedback pedal set,do u have it in every bank or use a
> separate pedal conected in the back of the EDP to
> avoid such thing?

(speaking about my EDP rig now:) Generally I keep the feedback
function assigned to the same FCB1010 expression pedal in every bank
and even every patch. But I have been forced to make exceptions to be
able to control other devices with the expression pedal (like an
analog filterbank or previously a Repeater). I have ran into the
problem you describe many times. What I do is to make sure I always
have the feedback function assigned to that actual expression pedal
in at least one patch with an "harmless" function - like for example
Overdub. If I don't play anything I can press a short Overdub only to
recall the patch that has feedback assigned to the expression pedal.

Another strategy I have developed to stay out of such trouble, and
also to be able to loop faster and more fluently, is to double up
most function over many controller buttons. Especially the feedback
functions. I like to have both expression pedals and twistable knobs
or faders assigned to the same parameter. Then I can simply reach for
the most immediate way to achieve feedback or whatever.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)