Re: Bidule (was: MAX/msp question)

On 1 nov 2006, at 05.44, Matthew F. McCabe wrote:

> Per,
>
> Been reading this thread with great interest.  I too am considering
> diving into Max/MSP, but am waiting for some extended free time to
> explore the demo.  If you have the time, please post your comments/
> thoughts on your Max/MSP experimenting as things develop.  Thanks!
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

At the moment I'm concentrating on Bidule. For a n00b that is a
faster and easier way to set up a host applications for software
looping (Mobius) with software instruments and effects. I don't doubt
that Max can do everything Bidule does and even more, but right now I
don't need that extra Max power. However, I have been reading the Max
and Msp manuals as well as tinkering around with some tutorials and
I'm pretty sure I will buy Max for the direct purpose of creating my
own playable multi effect plug-ins, as a longtime strategy to replace
my tc electronics fireworX rack device with a laptop only solution.
But I can't say right now if I will be running these plug-ins in Max,
Bidule or Numerology (mac).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)