AW: effects racks?

If you have it in your Repeater's effects loop, 24bit might not be that
much
important as you think ;). Also, "not break the bank" is not very specific
-
what breaks your bank?

I have to second some of the recommendations already given (Vortex, with
its
only drawbacks the very unintuitive user interface and the lack of MIDI
sync
and the Kaoss Pad), as well as to add the Nord Modular series. The
MicroModular is not rack based but tabletop-style, but it gives you great
audio processing power, especially with the tons of envelopes, LFOs, step
sequencers and logical operators. Sadly, no reverb and only minimum amount
of delay. The G2 engine doesn't have these limitations, but is much more
expensive and does not have an UI of its own - you'll need a MIDI
controller
even to switch patches.

I personally enjoy the (Eventide) Eclipse very much for ambient/interesting
stuff, but this might be in the bankbreaking department...

        Rainer